Thursday, 15 January 2015

Trying new things number 1

My husband and I have decided that our gym memberships are going to waste, so we're going to cancel them and just try new things to keep active. I've already dabbled in a few group PT sessions and a couple of online fitness groups, but there are so many other things out there and I want to experience some new things.

This week I went to a Zumba class. A few years ago, I bought the DVDs and spent a couple of hours trying to do them before giving up and giving them to a friend (who also gave up and gave them away). This friend subsequently went to a real life class and has been loving it and trying to get me to go for AGES. I caved yesterday afternoon.



I absolutely loved it. I had no idea what was going on most of the time - the regulars scream and shout and shake and shimmy.... and I just tried to keep up! I wore my heart rate watch, and I don't think I saw it go below 150 bpm the entire time. I was a sweaty mess by the end of it, but I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

I'm going to go back regularly - there is a Saturday morning class that we're hoping to go to often and this week while I don't have cali I'll be going on Monday too.

What are you going to try?


1 comment:

  1. I use to love zumba, my gym envie does two classes a week and I thought it was the best thing I must get back into it. But my new thing this year is going to yoga again my gym offer the class once a week last year but I was to shy to go but this year I am determine to try it.

    ReplyDelete