Sunday 28 June 2015

What if....

Today as I was driving through the Hungry Jacks Drive-Thru (woops! so not part of the plan...) getting 6 nuggets and a small chips for $3 I had a thought. What if food cost how many calories it was?

What if fruit and veg was cheaper per 100g than say chocolate or chips or fast food? Would I still make the choices I make? Would it influence the way I eat at all?

I read about all the advances in technology where in the future we could be implanted with a chip connected to our bank account so there would be no physical money. What if it went a step further and food was only available via scanning your chip? What if you got turned away from a restaurant because you'd already eaten your allotment for the day? What if restaurants and supermarkets didn't exist and we went to a central place to get our food for the day?

On the one hand I would be flabbergasted and embarrassed and enraged. On the other hand maybe it would make my life so much easier. I freakin LOVE food. I spend way too much of my time thinking about what I'm going to eat next, how things taste, what I can make...

What if?

No comments:

Post a Comment